Are you looking for the best Mattress for Back Pain? We heard you. Here we have our top 7 recommendations with a detailed review for you.
With working non stop and having bad posture, back pain is something that almost all of us age despite of age. Earlier, only people above 49-50 had back pain but now it’s definitely not the case. Even college going people are facing the issue.
- But How do we get rid of the Back pain?
- Things to consider before buying Best Mattress for Back Pain in India 2023
- What is the best type of Mattress for Back Pain?
- Top 7 Best Mattress for Back Pain in India 2023
- 1. The Sleep Company Patented SmartGRID Orthopaedic Mattress
- 2. Wakefit Orthopaedic Memory Foam Mattress
- 3. Sleepyhead Original – 3 Layered Orthopaedic Memory Foam Mattress
- 4. Flo Ergo – Aloe Vera Gel Infused Orthopaedic Memory Foam Mattress
- 5. SleepX Ortho Plus Quilted Memory Foam Mattress
- 6. Springfit Pro Activ Jump 8 Layered Mattress
- 7. Wakeup Imperious Medicated Orthopaedic Memory Foam Mattress
- How to clean a Mattress?
- 1. Which is better for back pain: a memory foam mattress vs a spring mattress?
- 2. Do orthopaedic mattresses really cure back pain?
- 3. What is the difference between an orthopaedic mattress and a regular mattress?
- 4. Are firm mattresses good for your back?
- 5. Can a soft mattress cause back pain?
- 6. What type of Mattress is best for lower back pain?
- 7. Can I use a cervical pillow on an orthopaedic mattress?
But How do we get rid of the Back pain?
While in most cases,
- Posture: While most of us have a desk job, we tend to sit with a bad posture. We do not concentrate much on our posture unless or until there is an issue. It is mandatory to have a good posture which not just prevents back pain but is healthy in so many other ways too. If you’re reading this, make sure you sit with a good posture.
- Diet: With our busy schedule, we don’t get to eat a blanched meal with all the vital minerals and vitamins. So make sure you include a lot of calcium and protein in your meal which in return helps you with back pain.
- Exercise: Sometimes, being overweight also aids back pain. Exercise is very important not just for weight loss but also for overall health. So make sure you work out 4 or 5 times a week.
- Yoga: Yoga is proven to cure back pain and other problems as well. Yoga is an ancient method that is not only meant to relieve physical aches but gives you mental relief as well. You need to try it out to understand the benefits.
- Hot and cold compress: You can opt for hot and cold compress to relieve back pain as well. A hot compress especially provides good relief.
- Mattress: Yes, there are a lot of mattresses that help you with your health. If you are facing bad back pain, make sure you invest in a good mattress that is specifically designed to help with back pain and to have a good mattress definitely helps you with back pain.
Things to consider before buying Best Mattress for Back Pain in India 2023
- Mattress type: Mattress come in different types, and it is important to choose a perfect type that suits your requirement.
- Memory foam: Memory Foam Mattress is one of the softest foam mattresses that holds the shape of the body and provides you with the best support that is needed and is the Best Mattress for back pain. It is very commonly used in Orthopaedic mattresses.
- Spring: Spring mattresses are great for people who are looking for a mattress that helps you keep the body temperature the same throughout. It is on the pricier side.
- Latex: Latex is derived from rubber trees, and it is made of spring or reflex foam( which is a cheaper alternative for memory foam) which is less expensive than a memory foam mattress and provides you with good support.
- Firmness: Your Mattress must be firm enough to hold you. But make sure it isn’t too firm or too soft. Make sure to choose a mattress that has the right firmness to help you with the support that is needed for your body. A medium-firm mattress is the best type for back pain, so make sure the firmness level is around 7.
- Lifespan: Mattresses are more like an investment, and they should last for at least 10 years. Make sure you choose a mattress that is durable.
- Maintenance: Make sure to choose a mattress that has a good warranty period to help you if there is any damage or repair. Most reputed mattress brands offer a warranty period of 10 years which is great.
- Choosing the Fabric: Choose the right fabric that covers the Mattress as it is the layer that is in between the Mattress and human contact. Make sure it is easy to clean as mattresses do accumulate a lot of dirt as we use them on a regular basis.
- Thickness: You need to choose the thickness of the Mattress according to the weight of the people sleeping.
For example, if both sleepers are above 80 kg, you need to choose an 8-inch mattress. If one of the sleepers weighs less and the other sleeper is around 60 to 80kg, then a 6-inch mattress is ideal for you. If both the sleepers weigh less than 60 to 80kg, then you can go ahead with the 5-inch Mattress.
- Offers and deals: There are a lot of brands these days that offer a 100 days trial and return period. You can choose one of those so that if you don’t end up liking the Mattress, you can return it and get a full refund. Also, make sure to look out for offers like Big Billion Days so that you can get upto 50 per cent and sometimes even 80% offer on most products.
- Price: Like always, price is subjective. Yes, because what is expensive to me might be affordable to you and vice versa. So make sure to choose a mattress under your budget.
What is the best type of Mattress for Back Pain?
An orthopaedic Mattress is something that is specifically designed to support the joints.
Of all the mattresses that are available on the market, the Memory foam Orthopaedic or Latex Orthopaedic Mattress, which is also called an Orthopaedic Mattress, is designed to treat back pain. It provides the required support for all your joints and cures back pain and other body aches.
Top 7 Best Mattress for Back Pain in India 2023
1. The Sleep Company Patented SmartGRID Orthopaedic Mattress
- Trial period: 100 Nights
- Firmness: Medium (7/10)
- Material: Smart Grid is made from food grade material
- Zero Partner Disturbance: Yes
- Hypoallergenic: Yes
- Removable Cover: NA
- Available Sizes: Single, Queen, King, Custom
- Available Inches: 5″, 6″, 8″
- Warranty: 10 Years
The Sleep Company Patented SmartGRID Orthopaedic Mattress is the best option for you if you are looking for an orthopaedic mattress that also provides cooling. Yes, it has a soft cotton cover with SmartGrid and 2500 air channels which enhances the air circulation and provides cooling. Hence, it’s completely sweat-free, even in the summers. Cool right? Like literally.
It is non-toxic, which makes it safer for use, and it is also hypoallergenic, which makes it suitable for everyone. It has a Smart Grid Ortho technology which makes it super soft and provides you with all the support that your body needs. The Mattress has multiple layers, and each of them is designed specifically to provide support for the back for long hours.
It has a 1 inch Revolutionary SmartGrid as its topmost layer, which provides comfort and relieves the pain, followed by a 3-inch transition layer which makes the rebounder smoother and provides comfort. The bottom-most layer is the 2-inch High Resilient Foam which provides strong support for the body.
It is designed Ergonomically(keeping comfort and efficiency as the goal) and has a body that is soft enough to be comfortable and firm enough to provide you with the support. It also has a super soft outer cover.
It has a Zero partner disturbance which is great, and even if your partner moves, it doesn’t disturb your side of the bed, and it has a medium firmness with a firm level of 7.
No matter in which position or how you sleep, the Mattress makes sure to align your spine and provides the right support that it needs. Almost 90% of the customers stated that their pain is relieved, and they even get undisturbed sleep.
It has a 100 nights trial and has a warranty of up to 10 years.
- It has a SmartGrid technology which makes the Mattress super soft and comfortable.
- It has 2500 air channels that provide sweat free sleeping even on hot summer days.
- It has a 100 sleep trial period where you can try it out for 100 days and get a refund if you do not like it.
- It is on the pricier side, of Course, but it’s totally worth every single penny if you want to cure back pain.
2. Wakefit Orthopaedic Memory Foam Mattress
The Wakefit Orthopaedic Memory Foam Mattress is best suited for you if you are looking for an orthopaedic mattress with a pressure zone to treat backache. It has a Motion Separation which helps you sleep peacefully. Even if your partner moves, it will not disturb your sleep.
The topmost layer of the Mattress is the NextGen Memory foam which adjusts to the shape of the body and provides you comfort. It also reduces soreness in your body. The second layer is the 7 pressure Zone which promotes air circulation and provides great support to the body. The bottom-most layer is the High Resselince layer is designed to firm firmness and provide great support.
It is a medium-firm mattress, and it has the perfect firmness and softness for the Mattress that supports your body, and it has a bounciness rate of 2.5. It is hypoallergenic, which means it is made for all, and it does not trigger any allergies.
It comes with a removable top cover which has a zipper, and you can easily remove it and wash it off in a washing machine. It is made up of Knitted Premium quality high GSM spun, which is very soft and comfortable.
Although you can tilt the Mattress and use it, it is best suggested to use the memory foam side up as it is designed to cure back pain and provides support.
If one side of the Mattress has a motion, the other side can’t even feel it. It is also hypoallergenic, which means it is suitable for everyone, and it also aligns your spine well and gives you a good sleep.
It has a warranty of 10 years and a 100 days Trial sleep period.
- It has a 7 pressure zone as the 2nd layer, which targets the joints and provides sufficient pressure to relieve pain.
- It has a soft top cover which can be removed and washed.
- It is very sturdy. Motion on one side can even be felt on the other side.
3. Sleepyhead Original – 3 Layered Orthopaedic Memory Foam Mattress
The Sleepyhead Original – 3 Layered Orthopaedic Memory Foam Mattress is the best option if you are hunting for a mattress that is orthopaedic and is super affordable. It is the most affordable Mattress in our review.
It has a topmost cover that is super soft and breathable, which dries real quick. It is resistant to abrasion and pilling(Rubbing against you) and is washable and easy to clean. It has a Super Soft Foam as the topmost layer, which provides extra padding and softness and provides pain relief.
It has Responsive memory foam as the second layer, which uses the heat of the body to hold the shape and provides support with comfort.
It has a Support Foam as the bottom-most layer that provides complete support and relieves back pain. With the softest layers, it makes you feel like a wrapped up Cocoon.
It is a medium-firm mattress (firmness level 7)which is not too soft and not too firm and has just the right amount of fitness and softness to provide support and comfort. It has the right layers, which helps you sleep better as it has high-density foam with super soft foam.
It is a winning memory foam mattress which helps in holding the body shape and provides utmost support and comfort. It has a motion transfer resistance and is also hypoallergenic, which means it is suitable for everyone and does not cause any allergies.
It has a temperature control support that provides softness as the temperature increases and helps you sleep better comfortably.
It has a 100-day sleep trial period with a warranty of 10 years.
- It has a Motion Resistance which means one side motion can’t be felt on the other side.
- It has a Temperature control Support which adjusts the softness according to the body temperature.
- It is super affordable when compared to other mattresses in the same range.
- A few verified buyers state that the delivery service isn’t prompt.
4. Flo Ergo – Aloe Vera Gel Infused Orthopaedic Memory Foam Mattress
The Flo Ergo – Aloe Vera Gel Infused Orthopaedic Memory Foam Mattress is the best fit if you are looking for an orthopaedic mattress with gel-infused technology.
It has a Gel Infused Memory foam Technology as the topmost layer, which provides cooling and increases the blood circulation of the body. It is also a medium-firm mattress which is designed to treat back pain.
It has a Flo Responsive Foam as the base layer, which makes it firm and provides support to the body. It has a 3D airflow which provides better air circulation and helps you sleep peacefully even on hot summer days.
It has a slow regain memory foam which makes it highly durable as it regains 4 times slower than other brands. It has an Anti-Sag Technology that prevents sagging and provides 100% support to the back.
It has an Aloe Gel-infused cashmere Zipper cover which is the mattress cover that helps keep your skin soft and healthy. It is made up of 100% cotton, which makes it very soft and easily washable. As it has a Zipper, it is easy to remove the cover as well.
Another cool thing is that it has a Zero Partner Disturbance which means even if your partner or whoever is sleeping next to you turns or moves, it won’t disturb your side of the bed, and you can sleep peacefully. The Mattress can also be flipped over and used as and when you feel the need to.
It has a warranty of 10 years.
- It has a Gel Infused mattress cover that increases blood circulation.
- It has a detachable cover that has Aloe gel to keep the skin healthy, and it can be removed and washed easily.
- It has a Slow Regain memory which makes it 4 times more durable than other mattresses.
- There is no info available on the website as well as on Amazon about the 100-day trial.
5. SleepX Ortho Plus Quilted Memory Foam Mattress
The SleepX Ortho Plus Quilted Memory Foam Mattress is your BFF if you are in search of an orthopaedic mattress which is luxurious.
Although the Mattress is really affordable, it looks and feels so luxurious and adds a pop of colour to your bedroom.
It has an Orthopaedic technology that is scientifically designed to cure back pain as it provides sufficient support to the back. It is an Extra firm mattress which offers great support to the back.
It uses a technology called Neem Fresche, which has activated neem that prevents the growth of any microbes and makes sure to keep the mattress clean and hygienic.
It has a Next-Gen Memory Foam in quilting as the topmost layer of the Mattress that is super soft and comfortable, followed by a High Resilience foam which provides great support and holds the shape of the body and eases the pressure points. It is followed by a high-density foam that is soft and provides you with the support you need. It also has a Softech Quiltech Foam in the base, which provides support.
It has an Air mesh fabric as the outer cover, which provides better air circulation and makes you sleep sweat-free even when the ambient temperature is high.
It has a warranty of 10 years with a 100 Night Trial.
- It is curated by an Orthopaedic technology that is designed to cure back pain.
- It has an Air Mesh fabric that promotes air circulation and lets you sleep peacefully.
- It has high resilience foam that eases the pressure points and helps you relieve pain.
- There is no info provided on the top cover as there is no detail on whether it is removable or not.
6. Springfit Pro Activ Jump 8 Layered Mattress
The Springfit Pro Activ Jump 8 Layered Mattress is the best option if you are looking for an Orthopaedic mattress with many layers.
It is an 8 layer mattress that has an Aero Sleep Technology that provides better air circulation and helps you sleep comfortably as it is sweat-free. It has a Moisture Wicking tech that absorbs the moisture and lets you sleep sweat-free.
The Topmost Layer is the 3D Cool HEX fabric which is very soft and provides cooling to the body. It is followed by 3 layers of HR Comfort Foam which provides you with fitness and supports the body.
It is a medium-firm mattress and is perfect for supporting your body. And has an extra bounce to the Mattress, which is perfectly soft and firm. It reduces Motion Transfer and lets you sleep peacefully.
The 5th layer is the Turkish Thermobond Felt, which provides utmost support to the body. The 6th layer is the Carbon-Manganese Bonnell Springs which enhances the durability of the Mattress and is also heat-treated, which gives high resistance and eliminates sagging.
The 7th layer is again the Turkish Thermobond Felt, and the 8th layer is the HR Comfort Foam. The base of the mattress is made of Organic Anti Skid Fabric that makes sure the Mattress doesn’t move and also is highly breathable, which makes it convenient if you want to tilt the Mattress.
It comes with a Certi Guard technology, an antibacterial technology that prevents harmful bacterial growth. Another cool thing about the Mattress is that it is made of Certipur US ASTM, which means the Mattress is tested and adheres to the rules of Certipur US standards which is called the ASTM(American Society for Testing Materials), which means that the Mattress does not include any toxic or harmful materials in the making of the Mattress which makes it eco friendly, which matches the International Standards.
It also has a warranty period of 5 years. However, there is no info about the sleep trial period.
- It is an 8 Layer mattress that has different types of layers to provide comfort and relieve back pain.
- It has a Turkish Thermobond Felt layer which provides utmost support to the back and relieves pain.
- It is certified by the ASTM(American Society for Testing Materials) as it does not use any toxic or harmful materials.
- It also has a warranty period of 5 years which is less compared to other mattresses as the average warranty period of a mattress is 10 years.
7. Wakeup Imperious Medicated Orthopaedic Memory Foam Mattress
The Wakeup Imperious Medicated Orthopaedic Memory Foam Mattress is the best fit if you are looking for a mattress that is reversible, which means you can use the Mattress properly on both sides.
It is specifically designed to maintain the natural “S” shape of the spine, which helps deal with back pain. The mattress top cover is made up of a knitted soft fabric which provides utmost comfort to you. It makes sure to relieve all the pressure points and helps you with back pain.
It is a medium-firm mattress, and it provides perfect support to your body, and it can also be used on both sides. You can tilt the mattress upside down and use it.
The topmost layer is the Memory foam layer which is designed to provide great support and comfort to the body. It holds the shape of the body and provides you with good sleep.
The next layer is the Softy Foam which is super soft and provides you with comfort and lets you sleep peacefully. It is followed by a layer called the High Resilience Foam, which provides resistance and supports the back, which helps with healing back pain.
It has a Knitted Soft fabric at the bottom layer, which is very soft and useful when you tilt the Mattress to the other side. It has an anti-skid bottom layer which helps the Mattress to stay in the same place throughout.
It is suitable for all types of sleepers like back sleepers, stomach sleepers and side sleepers. The goal here is to provide a comfortable and happy sleeping experience to everyone.
It is made in such a way that it is designed for all types of sleepers. It has the right amount of firmness and the right amount of softness and strikes a balance between the both, and is very comfortable for you to sleep while providing the best back support.
It also has a warranty of 5 years with 30 Nights of a free trial.
- It is designed for all types of sleepers. No matter if you are a back sleeper, stomach sleeper and side sleeper, it is best suited for all of them.
- It helps to retain the natural “s” shape of the spine, which helps you cure back pain.
- It has an anti-skid bottom layer for the Mattress to stay put throughout.
- It has a top cover that cannot be removed which is a little disappointing.
Now that you have read the review of all the top products and got an idea of how to choose the right Mattress, do you also want to know How do you clean the Mattress?
How to clean a Mattress?
Cleaning your Mattress is very important as you want them to last you longer. Maintaining a mattress or any product for that matter is essential.
Especially with mattresses, you use them on an everyday basis, and they are prone to dust and dirt. So cleaning them on a regular basis is essential.
1. Declutter: Remove all the sheets, pillows and other things that you usually keep on your Mattress. If you are playing for a deep claiming session, then make sure to remove it from the frame or the bed as well.
2. Vacuum: If you have a Vacuum cleaner, your job is pretty simple. All you have to do is just vacuum the entire Mattress, and you are done. Make sure to flip the Mattress over and clean it on either side.
3. Clean the Bedding set: Your bedding set could be dirty, and they might have accumulated a lot of dirt. So make sure to clean them frequently. Also, have a spare bedding set which makes it easier for you to wash and clean.
Another tip is to not step on your Mattress without sheets.
4. DIY: Make a DIY mattress cleaner with baking soda and a little bit of water or white Vinegar. Wipe it off after 10 mins, and you can see the difference for yourself. Pat it dry with a soft towel and leave it to air dry if needed.
5. Heat: If you have a steamer, Make sure to steam the Mattress, which helps to kill any bed bugs as bed bugs are something that is very common. Even if you do not have a steamer, run your hairdryer near the Mattress without damaging it.
If you suffer from severe back pain and want to treat it, do give the Orthopaedic Mattress a try. Of Course, a mattress alone can cure your back pain if you have health issues. So make sure to consult with your doctor and take proper treatments for the same.
Keep in mind to choose a mattress that has an exchange or return policy so that you can exchange it if you don’t feel comfortable in them.
Coming to our recommendations section, we suggest The Sleep Company Patented SmartGRID Orthopaedic Mattress as it has a SmartGrid technology which makes the Mattress super soft and comfortable.
Our second recommendation is The Wakefit Orthopaedic Memory Foam Mattress, as it is very affordable and has a 7 pressure zone as the 2nd layer, which targets the joints and provides sufficient pressure to relieve pain.
If you have severe back pain, make sure to consult your doctor and get treated. Of Course, the mattress can help you with back pain, but there is nothing that equals medical treatments.
Hence, you have to decide carefully, and that’s where this mattress buying guide will help you.
1. Which is better for back pain: a memory foam mattress vs a spring mattress?
Memory foam mattresses as they provide you with better support for your back and all the other joints. It also holds the shape of your body and lets you sleep comfortably.
Spring mattress also has a memory foam layer, but if you want to go ahead with a spring mattress, make sure to check the support it offers.
You can choose either of the mattresses, and it is totally based on your convenience.
2. Do orthopaedic mattresses really cure back pain?
Yes, orthopaedic mattresses are specifically designed with different types of materials used as different layers that help with both support and comfort and help you with back pain.
3. What is the difference between an orthopaedic mattress and a regular mattress?
The orthopaedic Mattress is a mattress that has more layers to provide support and comfort, whereas the normal Mattress does not provide as much support as the orthopaedic Mattress.
They are specifically designed to provide support to the back and are made with medium firmness with a layer of Memory foam to provide softness and firmness to the mattresses.
4. Are firm mattresses good for your back?
The Mattress you sleep in shouldn’t be too firm or soft. It should be the right firmness to hold the body shape and to provide softness. Go ahead and choose the Orthopaedic Mattress, as they provide the exact fitness needed to provide you with a good night’s sleep while curing back pain.
5. Can a soft mattress cause back pain?
If a mattress is too soft, it definitely hurts your back as it cannot hold the weight of your body. So make sure to choose a mattress that is both soft enough to provide comfort and firm enough to provide support.
6. What type of Mattress is best for lower back pain?
The orthopaedic Mattress is the best for lower back pain as well. It holds the body shape and provides you with the right fitness and softness. It also aligns the spine, which helps you with back pain.
7. Can I use a cervical pillow on an orthopaedic mattress?
The cervical pillow got its name as it supports the cervical spine in the back of your neck and provides you comfort.
Answering your question, yes, you can use a cervical pillow on an orthopaedic mattress as it provides support to the neck and helps you rest.