Are you in search of the Best Borewell Motor for Home? If you said yes to the question, then you have arrived at the right destination. We understand that it is difficult to choose a Borewell motor for your well. Due to the climatic changes and uneven rainfall, we tend to depend on the ground water for our needs. And when taking ground water a Borewell pump comes to our rescue.
To make it easier for you, we have covered before all the things that you need to know about Borewell Motor before buying them along with the top 7 products with a detailed review.
- Things to Consider Before Buying a Borewell Motor for Home
- Top 7 Best Borewell Motor for Home in India 2022
- 1. Crompton 1.0 H.P. SP Mini Champ I Water Pump
- 2. Havells Hi-Flow MP1-1.0HP 1PH Centrifugal Pump
- 3. Kirloskar Chotu 0.5HP Domestic Water Motor Pump
- 4. V-Guard VCB14-F030 Automatic Water Pressure Pump
- 5. Kirloskar 0.5 Hp Jalraaj Ultra Self Priming Water Pump, Multicolour
- 6. Havells Hi-Flow MX1 Series 1.0 HP Centrifugal Water Pump
- 7. Lakshmi 0.5 HP Self Priming Mono Block Water Pump
- 1. Can I use a Borewell for both home and commercial purposes?
- 2. How to maintain a Borewell motor?
- 3. Can I use a borewell motor continuously for a longer duration?
- 4. Can I use the Borewell motor for washing the car?
- 5. What is the RPM of a water pump?
- 6. How much horsepower is needed to pump the water for 5 floors of a building?
- 7. Can I use this pump with a solar panel?
Things to Consider Before Buying a Borewell Motor for Home
- Flow rate: It is the amount of water output per minute. Considering the Borewell Motor here, the average flow rate is around 40 litres per minute.
- Borewell Size: The Size of the Borwell is unimportant to consider as it helps you choose the right product. Make sure to choose a pump that is either equivalent or lesser diameter than that of the Borewell so that it can be easily fitted.
- Type of Pump: There are a lot of types of pumps that you can choose from based on your needs and requirements like Self-Prime Regenerative Pumps,2. Centrifugal Pumps,3. Submersible Pumps,etc…, for various purposes.The Borewell motors mostly have Centrifugal pumps which are specifically designed to move water.
- HP Value: The HP value is the HorsePower value of the motor. Borewell motors for homes come with 0.5 to 1.5 HP.
- Capacity of the discharge head, suction head: The suction head and the discharge capacity basically is the amount of water discrete and the size of the suction.
- Impeller: Impeller is one of the main components of the motor which helps the motor to suck the fluid. Make sure to choose an impeller with Brass or any good quality metal so that it lasts you longer.
- Pressure of the pump(Vertical Suction): Borewell motors provide suction according to the HP of the motor. More the HP, deeper the suction.
- Power: The power capacity of the motor depends on the size, the suction capacity and the HP. The average power consumption of a Borewell motor is 1 HP / 746 W.
- Warranty : It is very important to look for a warranty when buying a Borewell motor or any product for that matter. Borewell has an average of 1 year warranty.
Top 7 Best Borewell Motor for Home in India 2022
1. Crompton 1.0 H.P. SP Mini Champ I Water Pump
The Crompton 1.0 H.P. SP Mini Champ I Water Pump is the best fit for you if you are searching for a borewell motor for home with a Low noise operation. Yes, you heard it right. It comes with a Low noise operation and lets you use the Motor without disturbing your neighbors. It is a compact yet high performing motor for homes.
It has a Maximum Flow Rate of 40 liters per minute which makes it a hIgh performance Motor for home and irrigation uses. It also has an efficiency of 0.5HP to 0.37kw and provides a high performance.
It is a Single Phase Pump which uses a Rotary mechanism to provide water and is better suited for homes as it has a high performance.
It has a Robust Body which makes it stronger and increases the durability of the product. It has a High Pressure and you are suitable for building upto 5 floors which means, even if you live in the 5th floor, it provides you with the water with good pressure.
It comes with a cord for you to easily connect to the main power supply and use it. It is very affordable and performed well. What else do we need right?
It has a warranty of 12 months for the motor.
It has a noise free operation and does not give you a headache while operating.
It has a tiny and compact body which makes it fit even in small spaces.
It has a Robust Body which makes it durable and long lasting.
There is not much info available about the product on both websites and Amazon which is a little disappointing.
2. Havells Hi-Flow MP1-1.0HP 1PH Centrifugal Pump
The Havells Hi-Flow MP1-1.0HP 1PH Centrifugal Pump is the perfect option for you if you are looking for a High performing motor.
It has Dual Coated F class Copper which makes sure to provide additional protection to the motor which results in higher efficiency. It also comes with Winding Wires that are made to withstand high temperatures and are protected from burning even when the motor is operated frequently.
It has a water Discharge of 3000 liters per hour which once again proves that it is a high efficiency motor. It also comes with a pump Shaft called EN 8 which is highly durable.
It has a High Quality Pump seal which makes it impossible for the water to enter into the water. No matter how much the pressure of the water is, it does not enter the motor which makes the motor last longer.
It comes with a High Grade Pump Castings (FG-200 grade) which makes the rusting and corrosion process slower than usual and makes the motor last longer. It also comes with a Forged Brass Impeller which makes it perform smoothly. Impeller is a mechanical component that is present inside the motor which is a rotating disk or wheel.
It has a power capacity of 0.75 kW with a motor speed of 2900 RPM. It comes with a built-in thermal protector which protects the motor incase of power overload with a pumping suction of 8m.
It has a warranty period of 1 year for the motor.
- It has a High quality pump seal which does not let the water inside the motor.
- It has a High Grade Pump casting which enhances the durability and slows down rusting.
- It has a built-in thermal protector that protects the motor in case of power overload.
- There is no info about the water discharge speed provided both on the website and on Amazon.
3. Kirloskar Chotu 0.5HP Domestic Water Motor Pump
The Kirloskar Chotu 0.5HP Domestic Water Motor Pump is the best fit for you if you are looking for a Borewell motor which can be connected and used with a UPS or an Inverter as well. It has a water discharge of 1950 Liters Per Hour
It has a suction capacity of up to 3 meters which is great and provides a good pressure and discharge of water. It also comes with a ‘B’ class insulation which is made of mica, glass, fiber, etc.., which are all very sturdy and provide it with a good insulation capacity.
The motor is designed to withstand even higher voltage fluctuations from 180 to 240 Volts easily. It also comes with a TEFC capacitor (Totally Enclosed, Fan-Cooled) which has a fan in the outer surface of the motor and reduces the overheating which ensures tp make the motor durable. It has the capacitor inside the terminal box itself.
It is a lightweight and compact pump which is easy for us to handle and operate.
|Style||Price On Kirloskar Store||Price On Amazon|
|Chotu||Product Not Available||₹2,830|
It has a suction capacity of upto 3m which is suitable for homes.
It has a B class insulation that increases the durability of the motor.
It comes with TEFC that reduces overheating.
There is not much of a ifo available about this products but it is highly sold and has good reviews.
4. V-Guard VCB14-F030 Automatic Water Pressure Pump
The V-Guard VCB14-F030 Automatic Water Pressure Pump is a good option for you if you are looking for a Borewell Motor which can be used to supply water to bathroom utilities, washing machines and RO.
It has a Cast Iron Body which makes it very sturdy and durable. It also comes with a High pressure water discharge which makes it even better.
It has absolutely no wear and tear which means it lasts you much longer and comes with a cord which can be easily connected to the main power supply which generates constant pressure too.
It has an Amazing water flow rate of 1800 Liters Per Hour which provides better results. It is specially designed for homes and irrigation purposes. It also comes with an Built in Thermal Overload Check which makes sure to protect the motor incase of power overload or fluctuations. It also makes sure to protect the motor from overheating even if it runs for a longer duration.
It has both vibration-less and noiseless operation which can be used for homes and let you do your job peacefully. It also comes with a B class insulation which further protects and makes the motor durable.
It comes with a single point pressure improvement which promotes the water pressure and flow rate. It also has an Automatic flow operation which makes it easier for you to operate as it automatically turns off incase of overflow.
|Style||Price On V-Guard Store||Price On Amazon|
|VCB14-F030||Price Not Available||₹4,320|
- It has a B class insulation which protects the product and makes it durable.
- It has an Automatic flow operation which makes it easier for us to use.
- It has a vibrationless and noiseless operation
- There is no info about the impeller of the product.
5. Kirloskar 0.5 Hp Jalraaj Ultra Self Priming Water Pump, Multicolour
The Kirloskar 0.5 Hp Jalraaj Ultra Self Priming Water Pump, is a good option for you if you are looking for a Borewell motor for various purposes. The Motor is suitable for watering the lawn, washing the car, fountain etc..,
It has a power capacity of 0.37 kW / 0.5 HP with a max flow rate of 3350 Liters Per Hour high suction lift which can be used even with a building of more floors. It also has a High quality Aluminum body which provides longevity to the motor.
It comes with TOP which is Thermal Overload Protector which protects the motor incase of any voltage fluctuations. It has a Handle to add to the grip and makes it easily portable.
The motor is very easy to maintain and has a shielded Ball bearing which enhances the speed and reduces the friction. The motor is highly efficient and saves you a ton of money on electricity bills.
It has Dynamically Balanced Rotating parts which makes it high performance and has a head range of 6 to 26 meters. It also comes with a capacity of 3350 LPH and has a voltage range of 180 to 220 Volts.
It has a cord which you can connect to the main power unit and use it.
It has a warranty of 1 year for the product.
|Style||Price On Kirloskar Store||Price On Amazon|
|Jalraaj Ultra||Price Not Available||₹3,669|
- It has a Shielded Ball Bearing which reduces the friction and enhances the power.
- It has a thermal overload protector which protects the motor from overheating.
- It comes with a handle which makes it easier for you to move it around.
There is no info about the Impeller of the motor.
6. Havells Hi-Flow MX1 Series 1.0 HP Centrifugal Water Pump
The Havells Hi-Flow MX1 Series 1.0 HP Centrifugal Water Pump is the perfect option for you if you are looking for an energy efficient motor that has a high performance which is suitable for home and irrigation requirements.
It has Dual coated F class winding wires which is very sturdy and can handle voltage fluctuations easily too. It comes with a High suction of 7m which is suitable for home uses..
It has a F class insulation which protects the motor from overheating and increases the durability of the motor. It is a compact motor which can be fitted to even small spaces. It withstands up to 155 degree celsius easily thus ensuring durability.
It has a Forged Brass impeller which gives no space for wear and tear and makes it last you longer without much maintenance.
It has a High Grade Pump casting which prevents early rusting and slows down the entire rusting and corrosion process thus making it highly durable. It also has a Stainless steel shaft which makes sure there is no rusting even with hard water.
It has a High quality mechanical seal which prevents water from entering into the motor. With IP54 protection, it makes the motor durable and no water enters even when water splashes on the motor.
It has a warranty of 1 year for the motor.
- It has a Forged Brass impeller which makes the motor go through zero wear and tear.
- It has a High grade pump casting which prevents rusting and corrosion.
- It can withstand a temperature of about 155 degree celsius.
- It is a little more expensive than most other motors that we have mentioned here. But the features like Stainless steel shaft and High grade pump casting, it is totally worthy.
7. Lakshmi 0.5 HP Self Priming Mono Block Water Pump
The Lakshmi 0.5 HP Self Priming MonoBlock Water Pump is your BFF if you are looking for a Borewell motor For both Home and Industrial uses. It has a maximum water flow rate of 1800 liters per hour.
It has a total head of 20M and has a suction and delivery of 1″ x 1″ with a max water flow of 1800 Liters Per Hour. It comes with an Aluminum body which makes it compact, weightless and also prevents it from corrosion.
It has a High Brass Impeller which makes it durable with no wear and tear. It has stainless steel Rotating parts which is free from rusting and corrosion and which makes it suitable for Industrial purposes too.
It comes with a thermal protector which protects the motor from overheating and enhances the longevity of it. It is a continuous heavy duty motor which means, even if the motor runs for a longer duration, there is no damage to it.
It has a Graphite Ceramic seal which makes it safer and makes sure there is no water inside the motor. It has a single motor with a rugged body which enhances the durability and life of the motor.
It is a multi purpose motor which is suitable for lifting water from lower tank, sump, Gardening, Pressure Boost, Curing etc..,
It has a warranty of upto 1 year for the motor.
|Style||Price On Lakshmi Store||Price On Amazon|
|Centrifugal||Price Not Available||₹2,250|
- It has a stainless steel body which is free from corrosion and rusting.
- It is a multi purpose motor which can be used for lifting water from lower tanks , sump, Gardening, Pressure Boost, Curing etc..,
- It is suitable for both residential and industrial purposes.
- There is no info about the noise level of the motor.
Now that we have looked into the products and the review of them, we hope you have got some use out of this article. If there is one thing we would want you to remember, it is to make sure to choose a Borewell Motor with high HP which basically decides the efficiency of the motor.
If you want to use your motor for commercial and residential uses, choose a motor with 1 to 1.5 HP where a 0.5 HP for home uses.
And coming to our recommendations, we suggest you the Crompton 1.0 H.P. SP Mini Champ I Water Pump noise free operation and does not give you a headache while operating.
Our second recommendation is the Havells Hi-Flow MP1-1.0HP 1PH Centrifugal Pump as it has a 2900 RPM and has a built in thermal protector, all under a budget.
1. Can I use a Borewell for both home and commercial purposes?
There are a few brands that offer motors which can be used for both residential and commercial purposes . If you are planning to use the motor for both residential and commercial purposes, then make sure to choose a motor with HPO capacity to meet both your requirements.
2. How to maintain a Borewell motor?
Make sure to observe the motor frequently so that you know if there is any malfunction or unusual behavior.
Make sure the motor is sealed so that water doesn’t enter the motor.
Check if the bearings are all in place if there is a noisy operation
Make sure to provide sufficient lubrications like oil or motor lubricants for smoother operation
Ask for professional help if and when needed which is safer and easier too.
3. Can I use a borewell motor continuously for a longer duration?
Yes, most Borewell motors come with a Thermal insulation which protects the motor from overheating thus protecting it from damage, which allows it to run the motor even for longer hours.
4. Can I use the Borewell motor for washing the car?
Yes, you can use a Borewell motor for washing your car as well. However, make sure to choose a motor with Low HP like 0.5 for washing purposes.
5. What is the RPM of a water pump?
The RPM of a water pump entirely depends on the Brand and the product you opt for. However, the average RPM could be around 1000 to 3000.
6. How much horsepower is needed to pump the water for 5 floors of a building?
According to popular and reputed brands, a 0.5 HP would be sufficient for a 5 floored building. However, if you need a little more efficient or you want to use the motor for taller buildings, you can opt for Higher HP.
7. Can I use this pump with a solar panel?
According to popular websites like solvoltaics.com,the borewell motors cannot be connected and used with solar panels as they require different types of voltage and current to run.